Followers

Sunday, April 14, 2013

GDT -Anne Brown / Texas USA

One of our new features on Sparkle and Glitter will be the presentation of Guest Design Team members who catch our eye because of the way they handle Rick's images.
Anne Brown was a winner in one of our challenges and we were all impressed by the sculptural quality of her colouring-a very original and unique thing about her work.
Rick invited Anne to do a GDT spot using a new, unpublished image BALL GOWN IN THE PARISIANNE STYLE and here are the results:

Anne did this lovely finished project in Blue and also sent a coloured version in green:

Here's what Anne said about her colouring and products:
To answer your questions, I use Copics starting with the lightest shade and layer on the darker ones in progression. I use a lot of ink because I use so many colors to achieve the density of color but I like the results I get. I also use Pale Blue Gray (B60) for shadowing when I don't want the effect the grays and browns provide and E95 (Flesh Pink) and sometimes V000 (Pale Heath) to give the human form more dimension as well as white gel pen (Jelly Roll brand), smudged with my fingertips, to bring out the highlights in some areas. I use X-Press It Blending Card though I'm looking for a cheaper alternative.
You can learn more about ANNE BROWn by visiting her blog HERE .
As it says in the caption Anne is from Texas near Houston-I know we will all look forward to seeing more of her work in the future---
Thanks to ANNE BROWN for helping us launch this new digital stamp image-you can find it in the etsy shoppe HERE.

10 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh these are lovely, Well Done Anne on being a Guest Designer, Love Hazelxo

Love crafts forever said...

I am so in love with your coloring, breathtaking Gorgeous. Thanks for being our GDT.
Hugs Nataliya

monique said...

Gorgeous love the card and the images is beautifully coloured

Aletha J. Williams said...

Love this Anne! Your color is gorgeous, as is your little piece of art. I do love the depth of your coloring too. Congratulations for joining us!

~Lady B~ said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your colouring is AMAZING!

~Lady B~ said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your colouring is AMAZING!

Alison said...

Anne, your coloring blows me away!!! You are incredibly talented. Thank you SO much for showcasing this beautiful image Rick created. Your work is insanely beautiful.

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

I can only echo what the other girls have said so well. Love your colouring and these examples are just out of this world. Thank you

Em's Thoughts said...

These are simply amazing. I hope to one day be able to color like when I grow up.. I can't believe the depth and tone of color in these images. Fantastic.

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!!! Fabulous new image and Anne's coloring is beyond amazing. xxD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...