Followers

Friday, April 19, 2013

MAWTT and RSD and Mariposa, Oh My!

I guess that is some title, huh? I thought maybe it would catch your attention. ;o)

This week I have the pleasure of being a guest designer on the Moving Along with the Times (MAWTT) challenge blog. 

Our boss, Rick St. Dennis MFA (RSD) is the sponsor for this week's challenge. Rick's prize to the lucky winner at MAWTT is three digis of the winner’s choice from his Etsy shop. Please hop over and see the amazing little pieces of art MAWTT’s design team has created with Rick's images. I am sure they would love it is you left a few comments.


I love coloring with my Copics, so relaxing and therapeutic. Rick’s images are perfect for this type of work. His images are the most expressive and eclectic.  I have yet to find one that I do not want in my collection. Now the question is…will I ever color them all? The answer…nope, but I have them “just in case.”

Over at MAWTT the theme is “Fairies and Fantasy.” I wanted something unique and I found the perfect one, “Mariposa.” I did a Google search for “mariposa” and it is a synonym for “butterfly” (Portugal) and “moth” (Brazil). I am going to say she is the Goddess of Butterlies. I love her!

I chose some bright colors trying to depict spring and summer (really tired of winter). Mariposa was colored with Copics and then accented with Spicas and Wink of Stella glitter pens. I then did a fussy cut around her and mounted her on two pieces of SU cardstock cut with Spellbinder's Labels Six die. These were distressed with Distressed Ink in Frayed Burlap.

My card base was created using cardstock and designer paper. The corner dies were done with the corners from Spellbinder's lace doily accents die. Those intricate butterflies were created with the Spellbinder's Les Papillions Two die. I doubled up on the butterflies to make them more dimensional. The roses are from my stash. The roses and butterflies were painted with Inspiration Paint in Pumpkin.



That’s it for today. If you have any questions, you can contact me. Come join the “Fairies or Fantasy” fun at MAWTT.
Aletha Jane
Sparkle & Glitter Design Team

5 comments:

Sandra H said...

It's absolutely gorgeous your colouring is stunning x

Love crafts forever said...

Love everything about this card Aletha. Such a pretty image.
Hugs Nat

monique said...

Very pretty card and i love your coloring

Penny said...

Fantastic card--beautiful design & colors & die cuts! And fabulous coloring! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Miranda said...

Mariposa is just fabulous, love this image and I love your card

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...