Followers

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Using Digital Stamps on Candles Tutorial.


Good Morning, Its Hazel Here with a tutorial for you on how to use your digital stamps on candles. 
I think this is a very easy technique once you know how to do it and it makes for some stunning candles. 
For this one I have used the
Ever so cute Lamplighter Fairy which you can get in Ricks Etsy Store HERE! 
First if you get all the equipment you require.
1. Candle
2. Heat Gun
3. Tissue Paper
4. Scissors
5. Colouring Medium (I used Spectrum Noir Pens)
6. Embellishments.
7. Greaseproof Paper.
My printer doesnt print the tissue paper with out it being backed by thicker card so I tape my tissue onto a piece of A4 Card then print the image as you would normally do in the size you require. 
Once you have printed the image, cut round it, you dont need to fussy cut it at this point.
Next you colour it in. I use a piece of white card underneath the tissue as a lot of the ink seeps though it. 
Once you have coloured the image in to your liking then fussy cut round it leaving a small border to help it adhere to the candle. 
Now comes the magic part. Pop the image onto the candle where you would like it be. Wrap it with one layer of greaseproof paper and apply heat to it gently with the heat gun. If you watch carefully you will see the greaseproof paper turn slightly shiny once the wax has melted over the image. Please dont heat it over one area for too long though as it will over melt the candle and wont work.
Once you are happy that you got it all covered then take the paper off and you will have a candle with digi stamp attatched to it all ready to decorate with whatever embellishments you chose!

I went for Glitter and a pretty Gold ribbon with this one. 

Here is another Candle I made using One of Ricks Euro Images (Euro Girl Hazel)

I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial  If you have any questions just ask in the comments section and I will reply as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Hazel xx





10 comments:

Love crafts forever said...

Beautiful tutorial Hazel. Thanks for sharing, and you picked so cute images.
Hugs Nataliya

DonnaMundinger said...

I sooo want to try this. Maybe this time. I've had a bare candle sitting on my work table for over a year but I'm chicken. LOL Great work. Yours are just wonderful and thanks for the tut. xxD

Sharon Sahl said...

I've been wanting to try this and your tutorial makes it seem not quite so intimidating! Thanks bunches!

Rick St. Dennis said...

Looks great Hazek-thanks for the great TUT

Penny said...

Fabulous, Hazel! Thanks so much for the tutorial--and your candles are just darling! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Sandra H said...

Fabulous Tutorial Hazel and your image is perfect for the candle so beautifully coloured too! x

monique said...

Love the candle and it is so much fun to do

Sue B said...

Wow! it's a fab tutorial Hazel... and the candles look gorgeous!!
I must have a go at this when I get time! they are great for gifts! :-)
Thanks for sharing!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Miranda said...

super cool candles Love them

Abbie Kay said...

These are stunning a fabulous tutorial thank you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...