Followers

Monday, July 29, 2013

Please help me welcome LISA

Lisa is a new member of my EDT and will be working both blogs but will be on the Sparkle and Glitter Team.
I had asked Lisa to do a GDT spot for me and when I got her samples back I was so blown away that I invited her to take a spot on the team immediately.
As many of you know I look for people who think outside the box, use digis in interesting ways and also who are highly talented in colouring, design, texture etc-I think you will agree with me that LISA MINKLER has all these attributes.
First here is a 3D ornament using my EEK A MOUSE digi:

Here is what LISA wrote about the ornmant and her process followed by MORE pictures:
*Printing image out 8 times and coloring each individually with Copic markers for later use in decoupaging. * Cutting out two Stampin' Up! Apothecary Accent pieces as the ornament base. * Fussy cutting around two of the colored images, foam mounting one to each side of the ornament base and then decoupaging certain aspects of the image. (Santa's hat, leg,, snowman's hat, mouse, elf's face and star) * Decoupaging twice over each section to add depth and layering. * Tim Holtz Festive Greenery was then added and a few bits of red Stickles for the berries, Snow-Tex for the fluff on Santa's outfit and Glossy Accents added for the snowy, icy appearance of the snowman.. * Silhouette Cameo was used to create a banner and sentiment of "Merry Christmouse" * Wire loop added to hang from the tree *Card with matching elements was then created to complete the set.



WOW huh? Imagine getting that Christmas Card/Ornmant...
Here is a littleinformation about our bew team member LISA MINKLER:
My name is Lisa, but I go by the nickname Bird. I'm a military wife to an incredible firefighter and mom to two freakin' awesome teenagers. Art and crafting runs in my blood as my entire family has some sort of wonderful talent and I think I come by the love of macabre naturally as Ambrose Bierce is a relative of mine and our family has always celebrated the fact that our son celebrates the same birthday with Vincent Price. If it's inky, sticky, glittery, textured, refined, shabby chic, country or eclectic, I love trying my hand it. Anything recycled or re-purposed makes my heart skip a beat and I absolutely love coloring images from amazing artists like Rick St.Dennis.
For her 2nd project, Lis knocked my socks off with her 3D LIGHTED Halloween decoration:

Once again a few words from Lisa about the project and then MORE PICTURES:
* Enlarging image to encompass most of an 8 1/2 x 11" piece of cardstock and then coloring each element with Copic markers. * Silhouette Cameo was then used to cut out a basic 3D home to use as the skeleton of the house. * Mansion image was then folded along decided lines and then carefully wrapped around the basic 3D house. * Windows were cut out using an X-Acto Knife * Accents added of trees, resident (Lucy), visitors (trick or treaters), tombstones, and gates and the softness of the moss and dead grass applied as well. * A hole is cut in the base to allow an small electric candlestick to stand inside the house and illuminate the structure at night. * All elements are attached to a lid that has been inverted and then sprayed with Tim Holtz Black Marble Dylusions Ink Spray.

This image is my Trick or Treaters for the EURO line and will be in the shoppe Halloween section very soon:





You can see Lis's BLOG HERE
I know we will all enjoy seeing Lisa's future projects and getting to knowher-WELCOME LISA-hope you have a wonderful time!!

9 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW these are amazing, what stunning creations, They ROCK!!!! Love Hazelxo

~Lady B~ said...

Stunning work! May I borrow some of your talent please? I love all of your samples...beyond gorgeous! Welcome to the EDT :)

Sandra H said...

"WOW"They are absolutely stunning x

Ellis said...

Fabulous project and so many great details! =)
I'm in love with the house! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Lisa M said...

Hello everyone!! I'm so grateful to be surrounded by such amazing talent. Thanks so much for the very warm welcome and I look forward to creating alongside you all!
hugs,
Lisa x

monique said...

speechless......................


this is so very awesome, luv it

welcome to the team

Mo

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Absolutely stunning. Left you some bloggy love Lisa xxx

Milo Lilja said...

WOW!!!! This is amazing art!!!!! Welcome to the team Lisa! =)

DonnaMundinger said...

Holy CRAP! Lisa is AMAZING! I adore 3D crafts and hers are just stunning. xxD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...