Followers

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Morning Glories for October

Aletha here showing you a Rick St. Dennis MFA (RSD) colored sample. The image I picked today is from my favorite RSD line of digital images, “Hats.” I would like to introduce you to October Morning Glories.



October was a joy to color, but I say that about all of Rick’s images. I colored her with Copics and did some highlighting within the Morning Glories with a white Prismacolor pencil, a white Sharpie paint pen, and a Dandelion Momento marker. I also did some more shadowing with Momento markers in Rich cocoa, Danube Blue, and Cottage Ivy.

Copics I used for coloring:
Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, and R20
Hair: E50, 53, 55, 57, 59
Morning Glories: B21, 23, 26, 28, 29
Leaves: G40, 84, 94, 99
Scarf and Hat: YR12, 16, 18, and E19
Background: W00, 0, 1, and B21

We have a progressive challenge going on over at our Sparkle and Glitter blog. The theme is Steampunk and you must use an RSD image. There’s still a week to get in on this challenge.

We also have a bi-weekly art contest within RSD’s Facebook group. This little contest ends at Noon CDT on June 4, 2014.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Aletha Jane

1 comment:

applejack cards by sue said...

Hi Aletha, loving this image and the colours really pop. A really striking piece of art.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...