Followers

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Been busy this week

Seems like it has been a while since I've shared my makes on here with you.  I will share my makes starting from last night.

I love doing mermaid cards, but for some reason rarely do them...Why?  Tonight (now this morning) I am showing off  Rick St. Dennis' Pacifica digi image.  The two fish are from a Fred She Said set called Emma The Mermaid Set.  I added some ribbon rosettes, tons of shells, some dies, a sentiment from Create With TLC's Shellabrate Summer set.




The other day I was thinking about the drawer easel cards that I've made.  I thought it would be fun to make a shelf card, one that looks like a dresser with a mirror.  I've never seen one like it so I started playing with some cardstock strips I have laying on my desk.  Here is what I came up with using Rick's Lady Beekham Forsythe ...




The measurements to make this are:
Start with a 3 x 11-1/2 inch piece of card stock.
Score lines are at 3", 4, 6-1/2
Drawers measure 2-3/4" x 3/4"
I added a strip of DP on the shelf that is the exact measurement of the shelf itself 3" x 1"
As for the sentiment, I used a die to cut it out that would add some flare.  I used a tag punch to make the "legs".
Just so you know, this doesn't close evenly (when you close it to put into an envelope), the front will be smaller than the back - the purpose of this is so that the shelf can lay flat, not at an angle.

One last bit of information...You can make a 3 x 7 envelope for this fold of card using the We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board (or the one from Stampin Up). 

The last card I'm going to share with you today is a fun Steampunk one... We all need this beautiful Steampunk Bride image by Rick St dennis.  She is just so elegant!  Love her!!  The digi paper is from Bearly Mine Designs Steampunk sets.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  I added some clock cogs, a clock face (found at a garage sale), lace, pearls, ribbon and roses.  Super fun!!




Thanks for looking!  Feel free to head on over to MY BLOG to see more of what I've been up to lately!  I'd love to have more followers too.  :)

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

WOW Karen stunning they are x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...