Followers

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Creepmas Birthday Party Lights .....

Good morning!  It's Deborah here with you today for my first official (and a bit early) post as a member of the Rick St Dennis Elite Design Team. I like to mix up stamps and images and create something a bit different.  And here's a birthday card with a twist:

It's a Party - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


I got this super little guy (Creepmas Tree Lights - available in Rick's Zibbet store) a little while ago but couldn't decide what to do with him.  I printed him on white card, coloured him with Copic markers and fussy cut him out.  I came across the new challenge at Left of Centre - LOC#53 where the theme is fireworks/celebration and I decided to make a birthday card with party lights, fireworks and that gremlin causing trouble!  The layout is based on this week's sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch! - CTS#99.  I cut a strip of design paper to go down the side of the card, I like the elegant damask pattern, sort of like wallpaper!  Then I stamped some fireworks exploding in the background, added my little gremlin wrapped in lights and finished with a sentiment.  You can find full details of the card on my blog.

It's not your usual birthday card, but for those of us with a particular sense of humour, this is just perfect - and I think I know where it will be going!!  That's all for now - thanks for visiting Sparkle and Glitter - see you soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...