Followers

Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Many Faces of Ed ~ Altered board book spread


Hi everyone. It's Bonnie here today with a page spread for my altered board book featuring Rick's fabulous cat images. I usually post about a few spreads at a time but I did a step by step tutorial of my background process for this page on my own blog since people were curious about how I achieve the end result. It's a long post but you might find it interesting. At any rate, this spread features our friend, Cat Ed , this time played by the talented Bootsie.


Ed (Bootsie) and Fred, the mouse at the bottom of the page, were coloured with Prismacolor pencils. I used a short choppy stroke on Ed to create his fur. Ed and Fred were then fussy cut leaving a narrow white border and then matted with black cardstock for greater contrast with the background. Prescription bottle images, because Ed is Medi-Cat-Ed, were also fussy cut and matted with black to give Ed a platform for his happy dance. A small cluster of pills, another image from the Internet, was printed twice, fussy cut, and matted with black cardstock.


The background is layer upon layer of mediums such as gesso, Neocolor II  watercolour crayons, gelatos, and Big Brush pen. I also used stamps, a TH stencil, white embossing paste, and some mop-up papers with ink sprayed on them. The letters are stickers and the prescription number was computer generated and printed on white cardstock.. White and black gesso rings, some doodling, and edging with Black Big Brush pen completed the spread

Thanks for joining Ed and me today. Next time, I will feature the last two spreads and the cover to complete this fun project.

Bonnie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...