Followers

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mon Amie ....

.... Good Afternoon.  I'm so, so late with this post - sorry guys!  I'll tell you the story at the end.  In the meantime, here's the card I made today:

Mon Amie - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I've used one of Rick's gorgeous Randi Dandi images that are available exclusively at I Brake for Stamps.  This image is called Mardi Gras Beads and she's just gorgeous.  I decided on a tropical theme for two reasons (1) we're having rather tropical weather here with high temps, lots of humidity and thunderstorms and (2) this fabulous design paper with hot tropical colours and flowers! Full details of the card can be found on my blog - Deborah's Gems

So, the reason this card is late is because I made a silly mistake this morning as I was putting the finished touches to the image!  I coloured the image, cut it out and then decided to add lots of sparkle to the mask and jewellery with my clear Wink of Stella brush.  But, instead of using the clear brush, I used the WHITE brush.  You can see in the photo below that it just didn't work out:

Mon Amie mistake - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

You can see that the mask and jewellery all have a light white coating, almost like a layer of chalk.  So, I have to say sorry to my team mates for the lateness of this post, but I made a boo-boo!  I wasn't able to fix the mistake until now, as I've spent the day with my family celebrating Mother's Day.

I hope that all my US friends have had a wonderful Mother's Day.  That's all for now!

1 comment:

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOPS! We've all done it. LOL Love how the finished project came out. xxD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...