Followers

Thursday, June 18, 2015

February Violet

Hello everyone!  I have a special post today for you I wasn't supposed to post today... but yesterday I finally finished my altered piece of furniture a Jewelry box that's fairly big and was perfect for my craft room....   Perfect except for the colors lol So what's special about this post?!?  Well I'm taking over on the Airless Chamber as well to post part of this piece because I used a nice side and a not so nice side with the passage of time as my inspiration.  So if you want to see the other part of it you have to go to this post.

 For the make on this blog I used the great and super elegant February Violet.  I made her with some vibrant colors because I wanted her to be very ALIVE.

So here are the before and the after painting of the furniture piece. You can see that it wasn't really much of a reflection of me the before....

That distressing was a new technique for me... I wanted a crackled finish and used some glue to make it.  What I didn't realize at the time is that when the piece is standing up it makes a huge puddle of goo at the end.... so the front drawers came out better than the side....
 But I wasn't discouraged I reapplied some paint in pale lavender and used some Deco Weathered wood for the crackle it came out nice but was too light.... so I used some watered down black acrylic paint on top to make it darker.
I'm really loving how she came up!  Now don't forget to check out the AC blog for the other part and my blog for more details.

Hope you like my inspiration. Check out all the other fabulous images in the Zibbet store or in the Etsy store!

Have a fabulous Thursday!!!!

Vicky

1 comment:

DonnaMundinger said...

Love this project, Vicky! Fab how you did the two sides. xxD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...